Nerve injury caused while doing penis exercise. What should I do to get relief?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: Hi I'll try keep this as short as possible. In September I was doing a Penis Exercise called hanging where you clamp a device to the shaft of the penis and hang weights and surprise I caused a nerve injury because when I went to put on the device I felt a little burning feeling in my shaft.
Because of that I lost feeling to 90% of my XXXXXXX I consulted a doctor who did a urine test (and came back clear) and I also saw a urologist who told me to leave it alone and the sensation will return. After 2 weeks the sensation started returning and all was good.
However, 2 months after that incident, I came home drunk one night and masturbated and ever since I have lost sensation to roughly 60% of the surface area of my penis XXXXXXX I'll list what I can and can't feel:
- Using my finger to touch the 60% of the that surface area, I can't feel anything however if I use the corner of a piece of paper to poke under the surface of the same area, I'm able to feel that.
- I can feel the pee come from the tip of the penis most of the time (mainly on the top and right side of the urethera).
- To touch the top area of the XXXXXXX I can feel and it tickles.
- To touch the sides and underside of the XXXXXXX I can't feel anything when I use my fingers. But if I apply Vitamin E cream, I'm able to feel a little sensation and the sensation is mixed between mild burning and tickling.
- I have normal feeling in the shaft of my penis on the top, and left-hand side (looking down at it). The right side I don't have much feeling on the surface but again if I use a corner of a piece of paper to get under the surface a little, I can feel it quite well.

It's been 3 weeks since masterbatoin incident and will the sensation return?

Thanks
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Your urologist is right, sensations should return.
As long as there is spontaneous night and early am erection ( may not be everyday) and if you have a partner and able to have penetrative sex, there should be nothing to worry.
Get well soon.
best regards
DR GS