Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Nerve injury caused while doing penis exercise. What should I do to get relief?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
Hi I'll try keep this as short as possible. In September I was doing a Penis Exercise called hanging where you clamp a device to the shaft of the penis and hang weights and surprise I caused a nerve injury because when I went to put on the device I felt a little burning feeling in my shaft.
Because of that I lost feeling to 90% of my XXXXXXX I consulted a doctor who did a urine test (and came back clear) and I also saw a urologist who told me to leave it alone and the sensation will return. After 2 weeks the sensation started returning and all was good.
However, 2 months after that incident, I came home drunk one night and masturbated and ever since I have lost sensation to roughly 60% of the surface area of my penis XXXXXXX I'll list what I can and can't feel:
- Using my finger to touch the 60% of the that surface area, I can't feel anything however if I use the corner of a piece of paper to poke under the surface of the same area, I'm able to feel that.
- I can feel the pee come from the tip of the penis most of the time (mainly on the top and right side of the urethera).
- To touch the top area of the XXXXXXX I can feel and it tickles.
- To touch the sides and underside of the XXXXXXX I can't feel anything when I use my fingers. But if I apply Vitamin E cream, I'm able to feel a little sensation and the sensation is mixed between mild burning and tickling.
- I have normal feeling in the shaft of my penis on the top, and left-hand side (looking down at it). The right side I don't have much feeling on the surface but again if I use a corner of a piece of paper to get under the surface a little, I can feel it quite well.

It's been 3 weeks since masterbatoin incident and will the sensation return?

Posted Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Your urologist is right, sensations should return.
As long as there is spontaneous night and early am erection ( may not be everyday) and if you have a partner and able to have penetrative sex, there should be nothing to worry.
Get well soon.
best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor