Need urgent help...my wife is 6 weeks pregnant...did a scan

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 7 Feb 2019 in Pregnancy
Question: Need urgent help...my wife is 6 weeks pregnant...did a scan yesterday and the result was mean sac diameter of 14mm with yolk sac but no heart beat yet. doctor recommended doing another scan after 10 days..meanwhile she had cold and doctor recommended avoiding any medicine besides inhaling and gargling....today she has 100 degree fever and we are not able to get through to the doctor...can someone recommend a medicine she can take for the fever which will not impact her pregnancy...in terms of history, we have a 7 year old, she had a miscarriage last year and she is 40 years old...thank you for your help....
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
She can take paracetamol .

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query and understand your health concerns. She can take paracetamol 500 mg three times daily , it is very safe at this stage . She can also have cold sponging in case she has a high fever.
She can also sip ginger juice and honey to get relief from the throat pain.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 days later
Thank you Doctor. We gave Dolo 650 and fever has reduced and is around 99 degree mostly. But she just noticed that there is light spotting this morning. Pregnancy is now at 6 weeks 5 days. Is this normal and is there a scan/medication required. Thank you for your inputs.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
Also the next scan is scheduled for 25th XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be normal if mild spotting only.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The mild spotting can be normal or due to the effect of fever also. In case the bleeding increases or is persistent then do consult your gynecologist for proper medicines. It is best to have rest and avoid any undue exercise or activity.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T