Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Need to worry about painful lumps under ankles and back pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
I have soft and squishy small lumps under my ankle bone on both feet. They are causing slight pain. I have had the off and on for a number of years. I have had back surgery and mant epidurals and freezing of nerves, pain meds, etc. for back pain. Because of the constant back pain due two major falls over the years. Should I be worried. I am obese, 64 yo married woman. Because of back issues have limited mobility. Than you.
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Lipoma Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query The small squishy lumps are most likely to be lipoma. Which is nothing but aggregation of fat cells. It is very common and most often no intervention is required If the lumps under your ankles are not growing in size, colour or if the pain is not increasing in intensity then I recommend leaving it alone. I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor