Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Need to know about PCOS

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2568 Questions
Need to know about pcost
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need details... Detailed Answer: Hi, Your question about PCOS seems very broad to provide an useful opinion. PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome is a condition where multiple irregular cyst form in the ovaries. More often than not, the cystic changes are associated with hormonal abnormalities, failure to ovulate regularly resulting in irregular menstrual cycle. One might also suffer from other associated symptoms such as weight gain, acne, hair issues and other cosmetic problems secondary to PCOS. Fertility can also be lowered due to ovulation failure or due to irregular ovulation. It is diagnosed based on ultrasound finding and serum FSH level. The tests are usually combined with other hormonal assay to exclude other associated in suspected women. They are done by gynecologist. I hope this information suffices. We can discuss in depth on the topic of your need. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor