Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Need to find a doctor to treat Herpes Zoster

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 5147 Questions
Please suggest me a specialist doctor for Herpes zoster in kolkata.. please.... it is urgent
Posted Tue, 29 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 8 minutes later
Hi there.

Thanks for the query.

According to the clinical history, it appears she may be having Herpes zoster infection which may be affecting her eyes and skin.

This needs to be addressed by Ophthalmologist or Eye specialist first. After that you can consult Dermatologist or Skin specialist.

Kindly consult these Specialists at a good Government Tertiary Care Hospital in Kolkata like Government Medical Colleges.

She can wear dark goggles to avoid sunlight exposure to eyes. Keep her warm. Get her examined by the Doctors as soon as possible.

Wishing speedy recovery.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Need to find a doctor to treat Herpes Zoster 44 minutes later
we have shown her to our general doctor. he suggested to show a neurosurgeon. kindly give me the specific name of a doctor in kolkata treating such a disease.
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 2 hours later

Thanks for the reply.

A leading Neurosurgeon can be found in both Calcutta Medical College Hospital, Nil XXXXXXX Sircar Medical College Hospital, or IPGMER Hospital.

It is best to consult HOD (Head of Department) of either of these Hospitals, whichever is close to your Home.

You may take an appointment with HOD Neurosurgery best in morning 9:00AM.

The Doctors will be working o rotation basis so the particular Surgeon may not be available on certain days. Hence kindly ask for HOD Neurosurgeon for consultation.

I hope I have answered your query.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor