Need opinion on treatment course for my wife for invasive
PR: Positive (70% of tumour cells show nuclear staining with strong intensity, Allred score 8/8).
HER2/neu (Ventana): Positive (Score 3+)
Total mastectomy is needed.
Thanks for posting your query.
I have gone through your query and understand your health concerns.
An invasive carcinoma of breast Grade III with ER and PR positive needs a radical mastectomy. Only lumpectomy is associated with very high chances of recurrence and the five year survival decreases considerably due to recurrence. Whole breast along with regional lymph nodes need to be removed to prevent further spread of the disease. Chemotherapy only restricts the tumor growth for a short period of time.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...