Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Need medication for severe acne

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
I am sufring from Acne in last 8 years, now are days its increasing very fastly in my cheek as well as nose, my nose is effected more than my cheek, its very big and very much puss. i clean my face with face wash 2-3 time in a day.
i am avoiding to eat spicy food and oily food.
please advoice me good medician .

Posted Mon, 11 Jun 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query.

Acne is problem faced by many. It almost affects all at certain age.

Normally under the influence of male hormones this kind of acne develops in males. When ever due to some reason in the skin the glands openings are clogged they become swollen and give rise to acne.

Here are some basic things which will help you.

1. Have good life style: Eat well, avoid junk foods, avoid stress, do regular exercise.
2. Skin care: Wash your face with mild cleanser couple of times in a day. You do not need any fancy or expensive ones; you can use one like dove. Do this after you come back home in evening.
3. Continue with benzyl peroxidase.
4. Do not squeeze the liquid out or do message or any thing, this can leave an ugly scar.

If you have not consulted please consult a skin specialist. Your doctor can prescribe a drug which can help in case of infected acne. In such case you may need a course of antibiotics oral or local application.

Again he can help you with some cream which can help in opening the blocked pores.

In all good acne treatment combines, good life style, home based cleansers and medicines as and when required.

Please visit a skin specialist.

I hope this helps

Do write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Need medication for severe acne 45 hours later
Hi, Thnaks

i am curentaly in chennai and i'm new to chennai so will you suggest me skin specialist in chennai neat to porur.

Miot Hospital is near to my recident.

plz provide me guidence

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

Yes, you can visit nearby miot hospital,they have got skin specialist with them.

MIOT Hospitals
4/112, Mount Poonamalle Road
Manapakkam, Chennai - 600 089


Tamil Nadu, INDIA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor