Need help in blood pressure reading
when taking my blood pressure the top number on my first reading (after two minutes of sitting) will occaisionally reach 140-142, then after another minute or two it goes down to 115-125. my lower number is always in the 70's. is this good blood pressure?
Thank you for posting your query.
First of all let me tell you the International Consensus Definition of Hypertension.
Normal Blood Pressure for all ages and sex is
Upper Reading < 130
Lower Reading < 80
This is in a state of physical and Mental Calmness with atleast 5 minutes of rest
Upper Reading: 130 - 140
Lower Reading: 80 - 90
Upper Reading: > 140 or Lower Reading > 90
Now, your BP most of the times is < 130 and < 80 which is normal. Some times when we do any kind of activity, the upper reading can increase and is a normal phenomenon. It comes back to normal after resting for few minutes. This is exactly the case with you.
So, be reassured. You have a normal BP and keep maintaining your health.
Hope I have answered your query. Please write back to me if you have any more queries.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I need help with my blood pressure reading 99 63
- Consecutive blood pressure readings
- Blood pressure of 195100 i need help
- Blood pressure readings
- Irregular blood pressure readings
- Abnormal blood pressure readings
- Need help on blood pressure reading
- Blood pressure pulse readings
- Blood pressure readings in pregnancy
- Low blood pressure reading