Need help in avoiding hair fall

Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Thu, 4 Apr 2019 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Need help in avoiding hair fall
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
it's important to find out the exact cause behind hair-fall...

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service...
I've gone through your query in details...

Well, at this outset, before proceeding for a solution, we need to find out the exact cause/diagnosis...

Excessive hardness in bathing water is one of the most frequent causes. Checking and changing the water is recommended in that scenario.

Dandruff itself can be the cause of frequent hair fall. If that's the case, then a Ketoconazole and Salicylic acid based shampoo (e.g Phytoral-SP shampoo) can be used every alternate day.

If those aren't the case, then it's recommended to undergo a full body check-up at first under the supervision of an Internal Medicine specialist. Along with this, the doctor may also advise thorough sets of investigations including CBC, ESR, LFT, KFT, Vit D3 levels, Thyroid function test to look into it in details...

Management can be done based on the findings. So, please don't worry, just visit the Internal Medicine specialist at first for the clinical check-up followed by the thorough sets of investigations as already explained.

Take Care
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee