Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Need advice on supplements for increasing height

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
sir my name is XXXXXXX, am 25 years old, my height is 5.3inch, and i like to grow upto 5.7inch, i can grow upto 5.7inch. there is any supplements to increase my height
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 11 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

Let me help you understand the basics of growth first.

As you reach the age of 13-15 years, you attain puberty (a phase where the male hormones start to ooze in the blood and their effects are evident with physical and psychological features). This is the time when beard appears on your face and hair at other places on the body. The sexual organs also grow in size and you experience better erections than earlier.

This is common to all and happens under the influence of male hormones in boys.

During this time the ends of the long bones fuse with its shaft and stops growing in height. This is called end plate fusion. After that your bones no longer grow length wise but they begin to widen and in strength. Since the height of an individual depends on the length of the bones, 95% of the growth happens within 21 years of age.

After this no diet, no medicine can increase your height. There are surgical techniques to lengthen the bones inch by inch, these do not sound good for you. There are certain surgeons practicing these techniques and producing good results.

I have some general tips to appear tall, you may be impressed by these:
Try wearing a heel shoe which matches the color of the pant.
Wear a similar colored belt so that the legs looks long.
Prefer a vertically striped shirt. Proper fitted clothes serve the purpose.
Comb your hair upwards.

Irrespective of the above measures these are important for any person;
Take good diet; reach in proteins, fruits and salads
Do regular exercise.
Avoid too much of junk food and maintain good healthy life style.

There are lots of products available in market which makes tall claims, but all are fake, nothing really works. Please keep yourself away from them.

I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up queries.

Please accept the answer in case you do not have follow up query.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Need advice on supplements for increasing height 4 hours later
I search in the internet the product called height growth plus, they are recommending me to use for 8 months to achieve that height. you told me that supplements will not use to improve height. But they are giving me a guarantee or money back offer. Can you help me whether this product will use or not. I believed with your answers. But i want to grow, i am ashame to stand with my friends circle. You should help me in any kind. please do the need ful...
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 10 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

I am sorry dear but as explained earlier nothing works.

I can not comment on individual products but as far as science is concerned, there are no such possibilities.

Personality is seen in total, only height is not important to impress any body. There is no need for you feel ashamed of your height.

Physical height is not the only thing that matters, your other capabilities are also taken in to account which builds your overall impressive personality.

Please talk to your doctor and show him the product before you start using them.

I hope, this clears your doubt. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Wish you good health.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor