Neck surgery done. Diagnosed with flu. What treatment should be done?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 29 Dec 2012 in Infections
Question: Hi, I had Neck surgery, about 4 weeks ago and where an Neck-Brace every day and night. 8 days ago I starter with burning up and chills, nosier, very tense. I want to the doctor and the diagnosed me with the "Flu". I do not have a cold. Now I still have this very bad burning up, specially in the morning and evening. It is unbearable. Am I sick or is it weakness? Do I have to go back to the Doctor? Please help - XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
The burning sensation that you are feeling could be related to a generalized viral infection or a vitamin B complex deficiency.
In most of the cases it subsides spontaneously without any treatment in 2-3 weeks. You can start taking vitamin B complex supplements for an earlier improvement.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 15 hours later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX Tayal. In the meantime I burn up almost all the time. Running around with almost no close. I did not sleep last night and I really don't know what to do. Can't see a doctor until (hopefully) tomorrow. I have no other simp tons besides burning up, nosier. Respectful XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The burning sensation is likely to be a nerve related cause. These neural pains are a challenging thing to treat as careful examination is needed to ascertain the level of nerve involvement. You can take some anti-inflammatory pain killer like acetaminophen till you consult your neurophysician.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.