Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Neck surgery done. Diagnosed with flu. What treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10442 Questions
Hi, I had Neck surgery, about 4 weeks ago and where an Neck-Brace every day and night. 8 days ago I starter with burning up and chills, nosier, very tense. I want to the doctor and the diagnosed me with the "Flu". I do not have a cold. Now I still have this very bad burning up, specially in the morning and evening. It is unbearable. Am I sick or is it weakness? Do I have to go back to the Doctor? Please help - XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 29 Dec 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
The burning sensation that you are feeling could be related to a generalized viral infection or a vitamin B complex deficiency.
In most of the cases it subsides spontaneously without any treatment in 2-3 weeks. You can start taking vitamin B complex supplements for an earlier improvement.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Neck surgery done. Diagnosed with flu. What treatment should be done? 15 hours later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX Tayal. In the meantime I burn up almost all the time. Running around with almost no close. I did not sleep last night and I really don't know what to do. Can't see a doctor until (hopefully) tomorrow. I have no other simp tons besides burning up, nosier. Respectful XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
The burning sensation is likely to be a nerve related cause. These neural pains are a challenging thing to treat as careful examination is needed to ascertain the level of nerve involvement. You can take some anti-inflammatory pain killer like acetaminophen till you consult your neurophysician.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor