Neck stiffness from past 4 days, when it is released
Likely to be a muscle spasm- posture related.
Thanks for posting your query.
It is common in young people to have these neck pains. This could be a posture related pain or due to a neck muscle spasm.
You need to correct your neck posture habits, like appropriate neck position while working on computer, avoiding pillow while sleeping or while making sudden movements.
I assure you that this pain will go away with rest, using Intagesic MR tablet twice a day and a hot compress.
You can even do neck isometric exercises, which you can learn from a physiotherapist near you.
You will also benefit from frequent stretch breaks at work.
If it fails to subside have it examined and investigated by your orthopedician.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?