Neck pain, sore throat. What to do?
Been having sore throat for the last few days due to allergy (Been working on a very dusty place)
Thanks for posting your query.
Pain on the side of the neck that is momentary could be due to a lymph node swelling in the area due to the allergic sore throat.
Other cause could be a muscle spasm or a nerve root irritation at the level of cervical spine. Most of the times such mild symptoms do subside on their own after adequate rest. Taking methylcobalamin supplements and avoiding using a pillow will be helpful.
In case the pain persists or is aggravated then stronger prescription medicines may be needed after an examination.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Neck pain sore throat headache stomach ache
- Neck pain light headed sore throat
- Neck pain sore throat what to do
- Sore throat neck pain headache weakness
- Sore throat bump inside lip neck pain
- Sore throat neck pain stomach pain
- Sore throat neck pain frequent urination
- Sore throat neck pain pimples
- Sore throat difficulty swallowing and neck pain
- Sore throat cough neck pain burning sensation