• question-icon

Nausea, vomiting, headaches, tender nipples, not missed periods, unprotected sex, pregnancy ?

Posted on Sat, 19 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Question: I am experiencing nausea, some dry heaving,vomiting daily, headaches, tender nipples, I havent missed my period yet home pregnancy test is negative...could I still be pregnant?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 2 hours later

The chances of you being pregnant, in case you have not missed your period and you had a negative pregnancy test is very less.

Breast tenderness is experienced by many women, both during pregnancy and prior to their periods.

Most probably the symptoms you are having could be due to your periods being due soon.

In case you have been sexually active (unprotected) during the fertile period of the cycle (day 10 to day 16 ), then the chances of pregnancy would be high. In that case, you might wait until the first day of your missed period before taking another home pregnancy test.

I hope this helps.

I will be available for any follow up query that you might be having.

Follow up: Dr. Deepak Anvekar 42 minutes later
I did have unprotected sex. My husband ejaculated in me but I started my period the same night that happened. Is it even possible to get pregnant if its that close?
Hello XXXXXXX

In that case, chances of pregnancy are very less, as intercourse occured in the safe period of the cycle.

You can relax, and you might have your period soon.

I hope this helps.
Dr. Deepak Anvekar