Nausea and hunger after eating, waking up at night hungry, urge to urinate at night. Any idea of what is going on?
Nausea associated with hunger mostly are caused by hypoglycemia. This happens when a blood sugar level decreases what causes autonomic nervous system activation. This causes nausea, headache, shakiness, anxiety, nervousness, sweating, hand shaking and hunger.
Hypoglycemia may be caused by very rare insulin secreting tumor(what is unlikely) and can also occur on healthy people when there is bad diet (a lot of simple mono saccharides) or insufficient amount of sugars in diet. This can be easily checked with glucose meter when symptoms occur.
Please provide if you have mentioned symptoms, and if there are any abdominal aches, diarrhea or constipation, recent weight lost.
I have and continue to eat a healthy diet of beef, chicken and or fish along with vegetables every day. I eat a modest breakfast (oatmeal and toast) and a healthy lunch and dinner. I do have headaches at time but no shakiness, sweating, or nervousness. I do not drink soft drinks and do watch my sugar intake and like an occasional Guinness or glass of red wine, so I am at a loss as to why I am experiencing the nausea and hunger. I have no abdominal aches or weight loss and rare constipation. I drink black coffee (4-5 cups a day).
Even with the diet you have specified, still you can suffer from hypoglycemia. I suggest you to have checked your blood sugar in nausea/hunger situation. Especially that you have no any other symptoms from digestive system.
Black coffee intake results with adrenaline secretion what leads to blood glucose level increase but it also accelerates glucose consumption and may lead to hypoglycemia.
I suggest you to reduce amount of coffee cups a day, try to increase sugars intake, add some whole grain products like whole grain bread or brown rice.
And please check your blood sugar level during symptoms occurrence to make sure we are dealing with hypoglycemia.
Do let me know if you have more concerns.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes nausea vomiting and frequent urination
- Wake middle night stomachache nausea
- What causes nausea feeling while urination
- Child waking at night dizzy and nausea
- Urination urges headache bloated nauseas
- Orange urine and nausea
- What causes nausea after eating
- What causes night sweats and nausea after ovulation
- Nausea every night after dinner
- Constant abdominal pain with urge to urinate with nausea cause
- Nausea and hunger after eating, waking up at night hungry, urge to...
- Pain inside anus during bowel movement. Is Xyloproct or preparation H...
- Bad odor in belly button, red substance inside, oozing pus
- Pain in front of arm and at wrist under thumb, swelling and throbbing....
- Chest tightness when walking, upper back discomfort, heartburn, no...
- Lump in chest, painful, have pain in ribs and lower back
- Done hernia repair in belly button, have cramp on right side,...
- Frostbite wound on chest from blister freezer. Itching and peeling off....
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, blood in urine. What do I do?
- Is triple action viriliy purchase thru new vitality safe?