Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Natural miscarriage. Had unprotected sex and feeling nauseous. Could I be pregnant?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1989
Answered : 7251 Questions
Hi Iam a 41 year old female. I had a natural miscarrge in Aug. 13 at about 4 weeks. I had unprotected sex 2 days after i stopped bleeding. My period was due on Sept. 15. 2 days before my expected period I had white odourless milky discharge. My I started spotting on Sept. 17 and then became a bit heaveir on Sept. 21. I stopped bledding on Sept. 26. That same day we had unprotected and he pulled out. But the next day we had sex unprotected and he did not pull out and now I am feelin g nauseous and lighted headed can I be pregnant? I also have 3 tiny unterine fribroids
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy unlikely; hormonal disturbance likely.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us.

Return to normal ovulation takes at least 3 weeks after an abortion usually and therefore, intercourse within that span can be safe. Please remember that abstinence should be maintained for at least 2 weeks after the abortion because the healing tissues will be very vulnerable to infections and so need some time.

I feel that you may be having some hormonal imbalance post-abortally and your spotting is due to this. Yet, I would ask you to get a serum beta-hCG assay to exclude/confirm conception. This is to avoid any problem if you happened to conceive during your previous cycle.

The impact of the fibroids depends on their location and the amount of growth observed during pregnancy; that they cannot cause infertility has been already proved.

Please visit your gynecologist for further appraisal of the situation as you may need a physical exam and a sonogram. If pregnancy can be excluded, all you need is observation and nutritional supplementation.

Hope your query has been clarified. Please feel free to contact if you need more clarifications. I will be happy to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor