Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Myopic, working long hours at PC. Please suggest eye drops to make eyes cool and wet. Also tips to reduce power.

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 101 Questions
Please suggest me some eye drop for make my eye cool and wet . I am wearing specs with -1.75 number Also suggest me some tip for reducing my eye number, I am working on PC with more than 10 hr a day.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 35 hours later

Thanks for the query.

There are a number of eye drops available. I would suggest you to use 'Refresh tears' eye drops three times a day.You can use these drops as long as required because they are preservative free and are free from side effects.

You have mild degree myopia(-1.75 power).You should avoid any kind of near and close work for long hours.This will help you to gradually decrease your power.

If you spend a lot of time at the computer or focusing on any one thing, you sometimes forget to blink and your eyes can get fatigued. Try the 20-20-20 rule: Every 20 minutes, look away about 20 feet in front of you for 20 seconds. This can help reduce eyestrain.

Hope this information helps you and your eyes get better.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor