My wife is taking Levolin ( Levosalbutamol ) for breathing

Dr. Rohit S Menon

Dentist

Posted on Wed, 6 Feb 2019 in Dental Health
Question: My wife is taking Levolin (Levosalbutamol) for breathing trouble for the last 4 weeks, for borderline asthma like symptoms. In the last 10 days, I noticed her lower set of teeth were getting darker. I found this link:

Asthma medications linked to tooth damage
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2004-05-30-0000-story.html

She has not had a cleaning for two years now, but this darkening seems very recent.
What should be done ? I could only think of washing the mouth after using these asthma sprays .
Answered by Dr. Rohit S Menon 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Scaling should be done

Detailed Answer:
Hi first of all thank you for approaching us for your query. I read through your query and I must say that nothing to be worried in this condition. It is just staining of teeth(extrinsic meaning externally sticking on teeth) which can be cleaned by simple scaling. Nothing else to be done.The staining can be due to side effect of asthma drugs. I suggest you to get scaling done every 6 months. Please do brushing every day twice. Besides these stay happy and be cool. Hope you have understood what i meant. Thank u and have a healthy day.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad