My wife is sleeping all day and night. She has
Probably rheumatoid arthritis, some examinations are recommended.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
The symptoms of your wife may be related to many medical conditions.
In my opinion the symptoms can be related to rheumatoid arthritis.
I would recommend the following examinations to help through the diagnosis.
I would suggest :
A complete blood count
Rheumatoid factor level
Uric acid level
CRP and ESR level
Meanwhile, I recommend using anti-inflammatory medications such as Naproxen 500 mg twice a day.
She can use Voltaren gel for local application in the area of the hands.
I also recommend using cool compresses at the swollen area.
If the symptoms continue steroid shots may be used to relieve the pain.
You should discuss with your doctor about this treatment.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?