My wife is having right ear and throat pain on

Dr. Rajat Basak

ENT Specialist

Posted on Sat, 16 Mar 2019 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: My wife is having right ear and throat pain on right side from today evening. Can you please suggest some medicine. She is also feeling little giddy XXXXXXX from last couple of days.
Answered by Dr. Rajat Basak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hii. It's very difficult to come to a diagnosis from your history. Is the p

Detailed Answer:
Hii. It's very difficult to come to a diagnosis from your history. Is the pain in the ear is mild or severe and with any discharge and difficulty in hearing? Is she having sore throat,running nose?
It seems that your wife is having allergic pharyngitis for which she is having throat pain. The ear pain is due to referred pain from oral cavity. Start betadine gargle and steam inhalation through nose. She can start tablet solvin. If the pain in ear is mild she can take tablet paracetamol. If the pain is severe you should consult an Ent surgeon tomorrow to see the ear. Never put any drop in ear without being examined. Take nasoclear and nasivion nose drop so that the eustachian tube connecting nose and ear gets patent and helps in reducing the inflammation of ear. Please review if you have any queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad