My wife is experiencing severe pain in her upper stomach/
Could be gall bladder pathology
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Have seen details and I appreciate your concerns.
As per the details given by you most likely she is having gallbladder pathology. Possibly stones in gall bladder. Radiation of pain to shoulder blade is again suggestive of the same.
Ultrasound upper abdomen should be done to rule out pathology
Treatment as off now-
Anti inflammatory analgesic like Ibuprofen can be given 8hourly.
Anti nausea zofran 4mg thrice daily can be given.
Rest follow up with report of ultrasound.
Hope i was helpful,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?