My wife is 33+ weeks pregnant with twins . Her

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 15 Jan 2019 in Pregnancy
Question: My wife is 33+ weeks pregnant with twins . Her ultrasound shows placenta is on grade lll maturity . Is this normal ? How long we can wait for delivery ?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Normal Report

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns about placental maturity.

Grade 3 maturity of placenta is seen around this stage of pregnancy and is absolutely normal. It is expected at this stage of pregnancy.

However this does not predict the date of delivery. You can wait safely till term as any other pregnant woman to get delivery pains. Grade 3 placenta does not mean that you have to deliver faster. Only possibility in twin pregnnacy is that deliver is bit earlier than expected. You should expect to deliver anytime after 36 weeks.

Let me know if you need anymore clarification.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 25 hours later
What are probable complications if we have to go for a c section delivery on 35th weeks in twin pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Preterm delivery complications

Detailed Answer:

There is possibility of having complications of preterm baby like lung maturity issues, infection etc..