My wife has been sick for the last 12 days.
A number of conditions to consider and evaluate further.
Hello and welcome to "Ask a Doctor" service.
I have read your query and here is my advice.
Only a blood test is not sufficient to achieve a correct diagnosis since there is a condition that is progressing with weakness in days.
In my opinion, a more extensive evaluation is necessary.
The evaluation should start from a medical examination by your wife's primary care Doctor.
He can ask for further examinations and consultations in order to achieve a correct diagnosis.
In my opinion, conditions related to the central nervous system ( encephalitis for example ), and thyroid gland dysfunction, etc. should be evaluated further.
Start by consulting with the primary care Doctor.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Follow up question.
I think too that there is necessary a medical evaluation sooner than March.
Hope I helped you.
Feel free to discuss with me about your health issues.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?