My wife has a 5cm mass in her rectum about
Hello. A petct should be done if it is cancer
Hello dear. I have gone through the details. So if the biopst turns out to be cancerous, then a petct or a cect scan of abdomen and pelvis should be done yo look for areas or spread. If there is no spread, that means a localised disease, then ideal approach will be to give chemotherapy and radiation therapy first and then doing surgery in the end. This approach gives best results.
Thanks and regards
Feel free to ask further
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes inflammation in the lungs while treating pneumonia?
- Can nodules in the lungs be cancerous?
- What are the long term side effects of Cytoxan and Taxotere?
- What does this biopsy report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for cough, headache and nausea
- Suggest treatment for a large tumor in the abdomen
- What is the prognosis for metastatic ampullary carcinoma?
- Suggest treatment for iron deficiency anemia
- What does my lab test report indicate?
- Is missing a dosage of medicine during anti tubular lymphadenitis...