My wife had a emryo transfer on 7th Dec in

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 29 Dec 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: My wife had a emryo transfer on 7th Dec in afternoon and from same day evening she is having fever in the range of 99.5 to 101 degree farahnite its been 40 hrs now. Once I give her medicne paracetamol 650 mg the fever reduces but again comes back. Please suggest what to do?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be a normal finding.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query and understand your health concerns.

The mild rise in body temperature can be a reactionary fever in response to the embryo transfer. This usually reduces in next 4-5 days. High levels of progesterone and the other hormonal changes also cause such a mild rise in body temperature. You can give her Acetaminophen/Paracetamol in case she feels uncomfortable. Let her rest.

Do consult your gynaecologist in case there is a high-grade fever or chills or the fever is persistent.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Regards.
Dr Rakhi Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Dear Doctor,

Thanks for reply.
Just wanted to ask that will this temperature from last two days which XXXXXXX to 102 degree last night will affect the emryo plantation or pregnancy.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This will not affect pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
A temperature higher than 102 degrees and that is persistent is worrisome. You can give her paracetamol that is safe for her.
This rise in temperature will not affect embryo implantation and pregnancy.
Hope this will help.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng