My wife and I are both experiencing red skin on
Probably a viral infection, follow the advice below.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I understand your concern.
The symptoms can be related to a viral infection which can be contagious.
If you can send me a photo of the red skin, it will be very helpful through the diagnosis.
Other information that I may need are:
Do you or your wife have a fever?
Do you or your wife have blisters or dry skin?
Are you experiencing muscular pain or other symptoms?
Meanwhile, for the itching I recommend using antihistamine daily such as Levocetrizine 10 mg daily.
I also recommend using hydrocortisone cream for local application ant the area.
To reduce the bagginess under the eye you can use anti-inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen 200 mg three times a day.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?