My urine really stinks. Why would this happen?
Thanks for the query.
Most common cause for urine to stink is because of urethra, bladder or in the kidneys itself. It is especially more common in women who are sexually active. It is easily treatable with certain antibiotics like cephalosporin. Please follow the following steps for a speedy recovery
Drink plenty of water. Cranberry juice is known to reduce pain (if any) while passing urine and help in infections of the bladder
Passing urine after sexual intercourse helps to wash away any bacteria.
Send for a urine routine and culture before starting antibiotics. If urine routine is normal then and ultra sound abdomen and pelvis scan.
Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Frequent urge for urination irritation reddish urine why
- Why i feel to urinate after urinating
- Urination is loose urine drops after urination why
- Sperm and urine why its happen
- Why does period happen only during urination
- Blood while urinating happened many times why
- My urine really stinks why would this happen
- Urine culture negative why blood pus in urine
- Pain during urination blood in urine cloudy urine what happened
- Why urine smells bad after urine passing
- Blood test showing abnormal WBCs, neutrophils, lymphocytes, alkaline...
- Sperm test found to have very severe oligoteratozoo with severe...
- Pain in back. Is cold the cause & what medication?
- Advised for gall bladder, hydrosil and prostrate gland enlargement...
- Dizziness, pressure in ears and noise while swallowing after child...
- Blurred vision, pain & dry eyes,flashing lights in eye, menopausal &...
- Old and out of shape. Heart rate races after strenuous exercise. Use a...
- My urine really stinks. Why would this happen?
- Pain in the head, pulsing sound in ears, back pain. Serious issue?
- Sore and achy around heart. Fluctuates throughout the day. Why would...