question-icon

My son swallowed emoderm cream...is it dangerous

default
Posted on Mon, 4 Mar 2019
Question: My son swallowed emoderm cream...is it dangerous
doctor
Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Does not cause much problems.

Detailed Answer:
Hello,
Thanks for the query.
Emoderm is a brand name of soft paraffin. It is similar to petroleum jelly and does not cause much harm in case small amount is ingested. It will melt the snide the bowel and being hydrophobic ( substance does not mix with water) it will not be mixed with the gastric juices and thus eliminated through the stool.
Generally it won’t cause any problem and the kid will be fine. If he develops symptoms like vomiting or loose stools you can consult a paediatrician and get evaluated.
wishing all the best.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
doctor
Answered by
Dr.
Dr. Shinas Hussain

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2015

Answered : 20727 Questions

premium_optimized

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
My son swallowed emoderm cream...is it dangerous

Brief Answer: Does not cause much problems. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query. Emoderm is a brand name of soft paraffin. It is similar to petroleum jelly and does not cause much harm in case small amount is ingested. It will melt the snide the bowel and being hydrophobic ( substance does not mix with water) it will not be mixed with the gastric juices and thus eliminated through the stool. Generally it won’t cause any problem and the kid will be fine. If he develops symptoms like vomiting or loose stools you can consult a paediatrician and get evaluated. wishing all the best. Thanks