My son s 3 yrs old. He got eye infection
What to do. He even has little cold also
Some simple steps will make it go away
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. An eye infection is common and not a cause for concern. I would insist you to swab the eyes stoking from inner angle of the eyes moving outward using a piece of cotton soaked in lukewarm water. That should suffice.
I want to let you know that the tears drain through nasolacrymal ducts that open inside our nose. In case of babies, these ducts often take time to develop or may even get blocked. You need to gently massage with the tip of a finger, stroking downward from the inner angle of the eye to the ala of the nose. This has to be done for a few times multiple times a day regularly. The ducts would soon open up and the watering will go away. If you still find sticky discharge from the eyes, you might need to apply antibiotic drops like Ciplox (ciprofloxacin) four times a day for the next few days. I hope that it would soon be fine.
Give some antiallergic like cetirizine drops orally once daily for the next few days for his cold.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever