My son is suffering from fever from last two days.

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Wed, 23 Jan 2019 in Child Health
Question: My son is suffering from fever from last two days. We are giving him Crocin 120 every 6 hours but sometimes fever isn’t controlling and his temperature is around 101 F - 103 F.
So due to this high fever we are giving him Mefthal syrup which controlling fever only for 5 hours. His CRP report says 39. Patient weight is 15.9 kgs
Is the infection too bad? What kind of infection is this?
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Antibiotics and supportive medications needed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. The raised CRP indeed indicates the likelihood of a bacterial infection. The focus of the infection cannot be identified through this test but through clinical symptoms. If there is associated cough, the infection can be assumed to be in the respiratory tract, and likewise. Whether the infection is bad depends upon the severity of the symptoms. If the child is active when not having fever, you need not worry. On the other hand, if the child looks toxic, it is probably a bad infection and needs to be treated with priority.

You are doing the right thing by giving Meftal syrup to control high fever. Also use tepid sponging.

Feel free to write back.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad