My son is having problem in right ear, Right ear
Please consult an ENT specialist for evaluation
Thanks for asking on Ask A Doctor platform
Foul smelling dischage from ear with collection and abnormal color in children can be due to wax itself or can be due to associated bacterial or fungal infection.
Pain is not always associated with this condition if it us limited to outer part of ear. Sometimes some foreign body in ear may get infected and xan present lije this.
As there is no pain or other symptoms like fever most likely it is limited to outer ear which is comparitively less dangerous.
Still as ear is vital part of body lije eye I would suggest you to consult an ENT specialist immediately for evaluation. He may need some test of discharge, wax/foreign body removal, with some ear drops.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting