My son is 6 months old. He began having seizures
Seems a case of benign childhood seizures.
Hello and welcome to " Ask a Doctor" service.
I have read your query and here is my advice.
It is normal to be concerned especially when you are first time parents, however, those seizure types (partial complex seizures) are not caused by an important brain lesion such hemorrhage, vascular malformation, tumor, etc. and this was confirmed by the tests that came back negative for these conditions.
So, this fact should comfort you, and these types of seizures in most of the cases, improve with age.
So, keep following up with the Doctor. If there is no sufficient control of seizures with the current medication, new possibilities (valproate for example) may be considered.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?