My son is 23 years old and is a respiratory
I am concerned about the combination of fever plus neck pain, particularly if he is having a stiff neck, because of the possibility of meningitis. This is relatively rare, but if he has a fever and painful stiff neck, then he should be seen promptly.
Meningitis does not typically cause lymph node swelling in the neck - that is more typical of an infection upper respiratory infection or throat infection.
So I do recommend that he go in to be seen to be on the safe side.
Let me know if I can assist you further...
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis