My son is 13 and his eyes are bloodshot, he

Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Mon, 18 Feb 2019 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: My son is 13 and his eyes are bloodshot, he was sick and congested for a couple weeks before this. They have been bloodshot for over 2 weeks. I have been to 4 different doctors. I need to speak to a pediatric Ophthalmologist. One doctor said dry eye, pink eye was ruled out. He is on Augmentin for 4 days now. He has no fever. What else can this be? He has not been to school in 3 weeks.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
dry eye ruled out

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

It can be allergy to pet the house or to food and drink which needs to be checked. Augmentin is an antibiotic which has been started to treat inflamatory cause. To avoid exposure to pores in atmosphere for which the child can minimize going out. Now after taking the precautions refraction can be done and see if the power of the eye will has improved change the specs.and see acuity of vision has improved or not. It is not dry eye. to confirm it amount of tear secretion should be tested by ophthalmologist.

Hope it helps. let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj