My son cries while sleeping at night around 4 to
He has left breast feeding but we give milk in bottle, so everytime he expects milk.
He is also passing gas multiple times during night and day.
On an average he drinks 450ml of milk, is this quantity alright or should we reduce it.
His other food intake is overall good.
Age 1y 8m Weight 10.5 kgs
Possibly due to colics
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.
I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. Babies often get colics especially when on formula feeds. You should burp the baby for at least 15-20 mins after each feed. All you need to do is to hold the baby head end elevated for this duration. The extra air taken causes distention and hence colics and possibly is the source of extra gas he is passing. Proper burping will ensure its escape and the milk will not regurgitate back from the stomach to the food pipe, thus providing relief. You can otherwise give Coliaid when needed.
It is ok to give milk but I would prefer reducing the amount and replacing it with other nutritious foods.
Feel free to write back.
We have been burping after food but still he is not feeling well.
We can feel that he is not able to digest food properly and he feels uncomfortable.
8 AM 200ml milk
10.AM half chapati
12 PM 1 roti sabji OR daal-rice
1 PM to 4 PM Sleeps
5 PM 4 digestive biscuits + 150 ml millk
7 PM normal snacks 1 khakhra
8.30 PM roti-sabji/rice
10.30 PM Sleeps
1 AM (night) 150ml milk
3 AM (night) 150ml milk
Do we need to modify diet plan?
What medicines we can give when we feel food is not digested properly?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever