My skin feels itchy/scratchy at times .especially during night times.
Due to hypothyroidism or allergic, topical steroid, antihistaminic
Welcome to ask a doctor service
I have gone through your query.
Itching could be due to hypothyroidism or allergic in nature.
I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like clobetasol propionate cream diluted in a moisturizing lotion containing white soft paraffin in the ratio of 1:3 on the arms and legs twice daily and take antihistaminic like tablet levocetrizine 5 mg once daily at bedtime for 2 weeks.
These are prescription drugs and should be taken under the supervision of the doctor.
I hope to have answered your query and would be happy to answer any further queries.
Thanks for your response. I will take the tablet prescribed by you. Can you please name some lotion which have the white soft paraffin? Also is 'clobetasol propionate' the ointment name or the compound? can you please provide alternative cream/ointment name for same just incase I don't get this topical steroid.
Thanks in advance
I got Cetirite-L 5mg tab instead of levocitrizine 5mg as that wasn't available here. Hope its fine?
Also how long should I be using the lotion + tenovate ointment?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs