My sister has a 9mm pars intermedia cyst in her
Surgery is unlikely if asymptomatic.
Thanks for the query.
9mm tumor is comparatively small and generally surgery is not required for such tumors. Generally close monitoring with six monthly or yearly MRI follow up only required.
However if she develop symptoms like headache and visual disturbances or hormonal changes( unlikely in this case) surgical removal might be required.
You can consult a neurosurgeon for expert opinion.
Wishing all the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for rashes on the back
- What causes thinning of the nails due to vitamin deficiency?
- What does my PSA test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for urinary incontinence in a person with COPD
- What are the signs and symptoms of gastroenteritis?
- Suggest treatment for persistent urinary tract infection
- What causes difficulty in urinating while suffering from prostrate...
- Suggest treatment for chest pain when diagnosed with gastritis
- Can intake of Avil cause any harm?
- How is an angioplasty procedure done?