My shoulders, ribs and fingers have all gotten chronicaly sore
Also the doctor tried proscribing an anti inflammation drug but that has only partially made my shoulders less sore, and my shoulders become fully sore as soon as I stop taking the drug.
So what is making me get easily sore all over.
Probably symptoms related to vitamin D deficiency,follow the advice below.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your symptoms seem to be related to vitamin D deficiency.
One of the common side effects of vitamin D deficiency is muscle soreness and pain.
I would recommend to take vitamin D supplements for at least three months.
You should take vitamin D2 at 50,000 IU per week during the two first months.
Then you can take vitamin D3 at 800 to 1,000 IU per day as a supplement.
Meanwhile, for the pain you can take anti-inflammatory medication for the pain such as Ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day.
Heat compresses can also be very helpful.
Diet is also very important.
I would recommend using milk orange juice, cereal, bread, and yogurt.
Every three months you should check the vitamin D level.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?