My seven month grandson isn't sleeping through the night the

Dr. Olgeta Xhufka

Posted on Thu, 17 Jan 2019 in General Health
Question: My seven month grandson isn't sleeping through the night the parents put him in a sleep sack. they think he's cold.When I look at the monitor I see an infant struggling to move his legs. I also do not know of any child who has slept in a confined bag. Is this an appropriate way of putting a child to sleep ?
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sack is preferable in cold temperatures.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

Sleeping sack is used in cold temperatures and to protect baby from cold as he can drop the blanket at night.
Is nothing wrong on using a sack. If temperature is too hot is not advisable to use a sack.
In order to put baby to sleep at night you can improve his sleeping schedule to put him to nap twice a day and not longer than two hours.
Give him to eat not after seven o'clock.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj