My question to be answered by dr.yoges Dear Dr, As
As i had timely discusiing about my husband's health, he is suffering from following problems:
1. sour throat
2. A week ago, migraine triggered.
3.Initially shoulder pain followed by headache.
4. Burping a lot.vomitting sensation.
5. current medicines- Myosone -500 tablet 3 times a day. and provinal plus once at bed time.
6.stressful work at office ( in software industry.) .computer work for about 10 hrs a day in office.
Pl suggest the remedy.
Stop smoking if he does, eat at regular intervals, reduce stress.
Thank you for the question, I have gone through the details carefully.
Could you tell me if your husband smokes or not?
Considering the stressful nature of your husband's work, I think his symptoms are due to stress causing recurrent gastritis.
Please follow the steps below and let me know how things go.
1. Ask your husband to reduce work related stress by compartmentalising his work and family time, and plan his work logically. He must write down the work plan and schedule his work and follow the schedule. I know it will not be easy to follow the schedule, but he can try and discuss the plan with a colleague, when we try to analyse the problem with a clear mind and discuss it, we can foresee problem and formulate strategies to mitigate those problems, if we do this, we can set realistic goals and reduce stress.
2. Stop smoking completely if he smokes. Sore throat that persists for many days like this is most likely due to smoking, or GERD or it could be due to the polluted air. He can use a mask while travelling to work and back.
3. Ask him to do warm water gargling 4 times a day for the sore throat, and consult an ENT doctor to check it properly and see if throat swab culture and sensitivity testing is needed.
4. Shoulder pain and headache can be due to bad posture while working. Ask him to change position every half an hour, sit with a back support with the computer monitor adjusted to be at his eye levels, not too high or not too low. He should get up from the chair once a hour and walk around for a minute, this will reduce effects of bad sitting posture.
5. There are other reasons for shoulder pain like irritation of the liver, if he drinks regularly, he should stop that and should get an ultrasound scan of the abdomen to rule out fatty liver or gall bladder irritation.
6. You can apply ice to the shoulder where it is painful 4 times a day, keep the ice on the painful area for 10 to 15 minutes each time, continue this for 1 week or 10 days.
7. Avoid pain killer medicines like Myosone 500, since your husband has a long standing gastritis problem, these medicines will make things worse and will not help much.
8. For now you can ask your husband to take Tablet Sompraz-D or Pan-D half an hour before meals, twice a day for 15 days. Along with this, ask him to take Syrup. Sucrafil, 10 ml, 3 times a day before meals.
9. Provinol 10 mg may not help at ll in your husband's case. If there is a lot of stress and anxiety, I would prescribe Etizolam 0.25 mg. You can ask your local doctor to add this to his prescription after careful assessment of abuse potential and other risk factors.
No tea, he should completely stop drinking tea, instead he can take coffee, black coffee if he prefers or he can take normal coffee. Tea makes GERD worse.
Please follow these for now and please inform me how he feels after 1 week.
I hope this will help you.
1.My husband never smoke or never drink. he does not drink any hot or soft drink.
2.He is purely vegetarian .No nonveg or egg in his meal or breakfast.
3.He had done the sonography of whole abdomen in july when we were discussing his GERD problem.Sonography report was normal. I had uploaded the report earlier.
4. Yes he drinks tea,not excessively but he drinks tea daily 4-5 cups.
5.he has this shoulder trouble since 10 years when migraine was detected.
6.He generally takes Myoril 50mg ;that does not lead acidity but according to him that tablet gives slow relief.
7.Regarding throat infection, he has stared some ayurvedic medicine recently.
8. He burps a lot.
Pl suggest remedy.
Please stop Ayurvedic medicines, they are very harmful.
Thank you for writing back to me with further details.
Please ask your husband to stop the Ayurvedic Medicines, they cause more harm than good. There are numerous recent studies done that have shown that almost all ayurvedic medicines contain heavy metals and toxic chemicals which cause liver failure and kidney damage in the long run.
Should stop drinking tea, even 4 to 5 cups are too much tea, instead, he can drink coffee.
Can use the mask and should get the throat swab culture and sensitivity to rule out persistent throat infection.
Burping is due to GERD, follow my advice above and revert to me after 1 week.
I hope that helps.