question-icon

My question is... I am not circumcised and I have

Posted on Sat, 9 Mar 2019
Question: My question is... I am not circumcised and I have these red marks on the head of my penis and it itches. I have been using anti bacterial soap 2 times daily for the past 2 days and it does not seem to do any good. I am 85 and there has been no sexual activity for the past few yrs. What can I treat this with and how?...J. Weinberg

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (27 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Use a topical antifungal

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Perhaps it is a yeast infection i.e Candida Albicans. Yeast infection is usually itchy.
I'd suggest you use an OTC topical antifungal e.g Clotrimazole 1% cream, twice daily for a few days. Avoid using soap on glans, use plain water to clean the area.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if you need any more assistance.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist