My primary symptom is pain on my left hip/flank area
Probably the symptoms are related to a viral infection.
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your symptoms seem to be related to a viral infection.
I recommend using an over the counter medication to treat diarrhea such as Imodium.
I also recommend to use daily probiotics.
The pain on the hip radiating to the back can be related to a muscular pain.
I recommend to use an anti-inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen 400 mg three tablets a day.
I suggest to drink liquids and rest.
I also suggest to eat small portions of bland food which is easy to be digested.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?