My periods cycle is of 25 days, as per cycle
Is there any chance of incorrect result of pregnancy kit? Also recently from last 15 days I had started physical exercise at home, could it be because of it?
Further evaluation is needed.
Thanks for letting us know your health concern.
In the current scenario, the possible causes for the delayed cycle are- 1. recent change in lifestyle and 2. pregnancy.
Home pregnancy tests read well when performed with a fresh early morning sample of urine. Please use a standard kit and a fresh morning sample. If it is negative, you can opt for the blood test or a sonogram of the pelvis, preferably in the trans-vaginal route. The latter gives very good clarification. If the cramping you are experiencing recently is due to an impending period, observation is needed to see if you receive a period delayed by some transient hormonal change.
Change in lifestyle can alter the hormone milieu thereby causing menstrual aberrations. This is another possible cause.
After the blood test and/or sonogram, if pregnancy is excluded, induction of the period can be tried with medication. The change is usually transient and self-correcting.
Hope this information is useful to you. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have had cesarean. What are the chances of cesarean for next pregnancy?
- Fetal heart rate 112-118 at 6 weeks pregnancy. Is this normal?
- Missing periods after mirena coil fitted. Should I be worried?
- Have PCOD. Advised gynaset. Looking for suggestion
- Pregnant. Started spotting, no cardiac activity seen. Taling fertigyn...
- Got delayed and prolonged period. What am I suffering from?
- Took postpone - 72 after unprotected sex. Started spotting. Side effect...
- Had novasure procedure. Getting smelly light red discharge. Any infection?
- Took paxil for anxiety disorder. Had unprotected sex. Missing period and...
- How to postpone my period date?