My partner has been diagnosed with syphilis . My doctor
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
The treatment that you mentioned is not for Syphilis. It is a treatment for a mixed (bacterial, fungal and protozoal infection)infection commonly candida, chlamydia and trichomoniasis. Which tests did your partner do for syphilis?, if any? Can you let me know about those?
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
If a partner has been diagnosed with syphilis then all sexual contacts within the past 3 months should be screened as well. You may take a screening test for syphilis at your first visit and then repeat after 12 weeks for a conclusive result.. Along with your partner, you should anyways be treated for syphilis regardless of your test result, if your partner definitely has syphilis.
Let me know if you need any more assistance.
If syphilis is the definitive diagnosis then yes. Weekly Inj. Benzathine penicillin 2.4MU, intramuscular, half in each buttock, after test dose, for 3 weeks is the standard treatment for latent syphilis.
Let me know if you need any more assistance
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body