My name is XXXXXXX and my question has to do

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Thu, 24 Jan 2019 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: My name is XXXXXXX and my question has to do with asthalin. My mother was prescribed this inhaler medicine by her doctor and has been on it for years for her asthma. She also suffers from COPD and emphyazema. She is also on Ventolin HFA. Is one or both a steroid? And does one or both contain albuterol and takes the place of using a breathing machine using the albuterol in liquid form?
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
All three are same.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Ask a doctor forum.
I can understand your concern.

Asthalin, vantorlin and albuterol, all three are same and contain Salbutamol which is short acting beta 2 agonist (SABA). It is not steroid.
So you can give her either of them as all are same.
And no need to give albuterol Nebulization if you are giving Ventorlin and Asthalin.

Honestly speaking, there are newer inhaled drugs available for COPD which are far better than Salbutamol.

If you wish, I can guide you better in this.
I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your mother. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj