My mother is a patient with hypertension with GERD.She is

Question
My mother is a patient with hypertension with GERD.She is 74.She Is taking AMLOGARD 5 mg,Clopitab CV 10,ISMO RETARD,PANTOCID DSR,Mirtaz 7.5,Pruvict 2 & Orofer XT.
on 11th She has been tested 25 Hydroxy vitamin D and found her Vitamin D deficiency.Her test result is 10.16 ng/ml.Do u think she needs DV K for her Vitamin D deficiency? please opine.
Tue, 6 Feb 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Follow-up: My mother is a patient with hypertension with GERD.She is 55 minutes later
She is also taking ALZOLAM .5 mg at bedtime in Night.

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Severe difficiency

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns for your mother, however she is suffering of severe vitamin d difficiency as the levels are recommended to be between 30-40 ng/ml.. It is also recommended that adults who are vitamin D deficient be treated with 50,000 IU of vitamin D3 once a week for eight weeks or its equivalent of 6,000 IU of vitamin D3 daily to achieve a blood level of 25(OH)D above 30 ng/ml, followed by maintenance therapy of 1,500-2,000 IU/day. It is important to chose a preparation that contains vitamin d3 and not vitamin d2 for better response and for maintenance oral doses it is preferred to take the supplement with a fatty meal for better absorption.. I hope you find this helpful..

Follow-up: My mother is a patient with hypertension with GERD.She is 44 hours later
Sir,plz prescribe the name of medicine ?
Follow-up: My mother is a patient with hypertension with GERD.She is 1 minute later
SIR,plz prescribe the name of Medicine in GENERIC NAME.

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Generic name: cholecalciferol

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, hello again.. The generic name is systemic cholecalciferol ( vitamin d3) this can be available in over the counter preparations and does not require a prescription.. I hope I answered your question..

Follow-up: My mother is a patient with hypertension with GERD.She is 16 hours later
Sir,
how long will she continue the medicine?

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Initial eight weeks

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, hello again.. the initial treatement should be continues o weekly doses for eight weeks, then followed by the maintenance dose previously mentioned possibly for life guided by a follow up testing of her vitamin d levels.. I hope I answered your question..