My mother is 94. Has occasional atrial fib. Usually get
Other meds usually taken are metoprolol
Yes but add the diuretics too
Hello and welcome in HCM
I can understand your concern
According to the history you prescribed yes she can safely take steroids but if she were my patient I would also add in the current treatment diuretics such as furosemide intravenous one or twice per day. The usual cause of lung congestion is arterial hypertension too and it should also be treated.
However you should discuss with her treating doctor for the above and please control the arterial pressure during the days of usind prednisolone.Do not worry so much she will feel better soon.
Regards and feel free to contact me again
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Are pulmonary function tests advisable for diagnosing COPD?
- Suggest natural remedies for insomnia
- Suggest treatment for COPD in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for pain in the ribs
- What causes cold while on Dextromethorphan?
- What causes constant pain in the ribs after injury?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the lungs
- Suggest treatment for dry cough and pain in the ribs
- What causes fever and crackling sound in the cough?
- What causes frequent urination along with zits on the chest and face?