Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
168 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

My mother is 59 years old. She has got UTI

Answered by
Dr. P. T. Patil


Practicing since :1971

Answered : 10116 Questions

Posted on Sun, 24 Feb 2019 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: My mother is 59 years old. She has got UTI and doctor advised to take Citralka for 3days. But she is getting continuous vomit with blood. What should I Do now?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consult qualified Urologist

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query
Based on the facts that you have posted your mother has UTI and now getting vomiting with blood.

Please consult qualified Urologist to get following investigations done to establish diagnosis.
1) Urine Routine and Culture
2)Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3)Renal function tests

In the meantime start taking antibiotics like Cefixime and Nitrofurantoin twice daily along with antacids lik Pantoprazole

Ensure she drinks more water to keep his well hydrated.

Please do write if you need any more help
Thanks and Regards
Dr. Patil

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on