My mother has a dry, barking cough and gets short
Hello and thank you for asking
As you prescribed before your mother suffers from bronchiectasis.
Bronchiectasis is a condition where the bronchial tubes of your lungs are permanently damaged, widened, and thickened. These damaged air passages allow bacteria and mucus to build up and pool in your lungs. This results in frequent infections and blockages of the airways.
There is no cure for bronchiectasis, but it is manageable. With treatment, a patient can typically live a normal life. However, flare-ups must be treated quickly to maintain oxygen flow to the rest of your body and prevent further lung damage.
I will suggest a radiography of thorax ,and consult with lung specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does this blood report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for severe hand cramps
- Suggest treatment for bloating and severe lower abdominal pain while...
- What does a PSA reading of 162 indicate?
- What do intermittent constipation episodes indicate?
- What causes fatigue and dizziness while suffering from supraventricular...
- What causes a bulging vein on the temple of a child?
- What does a large soft lump in the testicular sac indicate?
- What causes persistent pain in the leg after knee surgery?
- Suggest treatment for severe dizziness