My mother had undergone ultersound test, the result is below

Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 29 Dec 2018 in Women's Health
Question: My mother had undergone ultersound test, the result is below . Is their is anything to be worried off. Please help
Uterus: Is anteverted and normal in size, measures 3.8 x 4.6 x 6.5 cms. There is a well defined, hyperechoic lesion on the right lateral wall measuring ~48.5 x 44.3 x 44.6 mm (vol : 50.3 cc). Few specks of calcification are noted.
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please elaborate.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for letting us know your health concern.

I would like to know more about your mother's condition. Why was the sonogram done? Are there any symptoms like heavy periods, intermenstrual bleeding, pain etc.?

If possible, please upload the sonogram report and any relevant information.

Since the lesion is well defined, it is more likely to be a myoma which can show calcification. CT scan, MRI can be useful for more precision. A myoma is a benign tumor i.e., it is not cancerous.

Hope you find this information useful. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Shanti Vennam 30 minutes later
She is 57 yrs old. She had menopause. We did a health checkup and thats how got the report. Is it required to consult a doctor? Is it some serious?
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is not serious but needs a clinical evaluation.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Though it is not a serious problem, I would suggest a proper clinical evaluation. Follow up to see if the size of the lesion changes is important. Further management can be planned accordingly.

Hope this helps. Please get back if you need anything else.

regards,
Shanti.V.