My mother had undergone ultersound test, the result is below
Uterus: Is anteverted and normal in size, measures 3.8 x 4.6 x 6.5 cms. There is a well defined, hyperechoic lesion on the right lateral wall measuring ~48.5 x 44.3 x 44.6 mm (vol : 50.3 cc). Few specks of calcification are noted.
Thanks for letting us know your health concern.
I would like to know more about your mother's condition. Why was the sonogram done? Are there any symptoms like heavy periods, intermenstrual bleeding, pain etc.?
If possible, please upload the sonogram report and any relevant information.
Since the lesion is well defined, it is more likely to be a myoma which can show calcification. CT scan, MRI can be useful for more precision. A myoma is a benign tumor i.e., it is not cancerous.
Hope you find this information useful. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.
It is not serious but needs a clinical evaluation.
Thanks for writing back.
Though it is not a serious problem, I would suggest a proper clinical evaluation. Follow up to see if the size of the lesion changes is important. Further management can be planned accordingly.
Hope this helps. Please get back if you need anything else.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have had cesarean. What are the chances of cesarean for next pregnancy?
- Fetal heart rate 112-118 at 6 weeks pregnancy. Is this normal?
- Missing periods after mirena coil fitted. Should I be worried?
- Have PCOD. Advised gynaset. Looking for suggestion
- Pregnant. Started spotting, no cardiac activity seen. Taling fertigyn...
- Got delayed and prolonged period. What am I suffering from?
- Took postpone - 72 after unprotected sex. Started spotting. Side effect...
- Had novasure procedure. Getting smelly light red discharge. Any infection?
- Took paxil for anxiety disorder. Had unprotected sex. Missing period and...
- How to postpone my period date?